- Risk-free 8-week trial
- Free return shipping
- In-house customer service
- More than 40 years of expertise
Why we love this product
With the DEFINION 3S Surround and DENON AVC-X4800H you get an exclusive home cinema system that makes a statement both visually and with sound in any living room. Designed and developed in Berlin, it provides thrilling sound for music, films and games. Every component is perfectly matched and ready to use directly after assembly.
Key advantages at a glance
- Best-in-class plug and play 5.1 complete system including Denon AV-Receiver AVC-X4800H
- Enjoy home cinema, music and gaming sound on the highest level with great sound enclosure and precise localization of all sound events as well as deep, precise kick bass.
- Complete set contents: 4 DEFINION 3S cabinet speakers, 2 stands, center, subwoofer, Denon AV-Receiver AVC-X4800H, cable set
- Patented SCA-Coaxial driver for unparalleled audio space-filling and radiation pattern, long-throw wok woofer with carbon fiber mesh for high pulse fidelity and dynamic range.
- Powerful S 6000 SW subwoofer with 300mm woofer and 250-Watt power for deep, powerful bass, optional wireless control
- Denon AV-Receiver AVC-X4800H supports Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization, Dolby True HD, DTS:X, DTS Neural:X, DTS Virtual:X, DTS-HD Master Audio, IMAX Enhanced, Auro-3D and much, much more
- Wide array of streaming options with Bluetooth, Amazon Music, AirPlay 2, Napster, TuneIn, Deezer, Spotify, Soundcloud, TIDAL and HEOS® Built-in
- 7 x HDMI with 8K/60Hz- and 4K/120Hz-Pass-Through, 8K-Upscaling, HDCP 2.3, HDR (Dolby Vision™, HDR10+, HLG, 3D), Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC), phono input
All technologies at a glance
Our Berlin-engineered SCA Coaxial Enclosure
Teufel spent two and a half years developing the Definion 3's unique flat diaphragm coaxial enclosure. SCA (Synchronized Coaxial Acoustics) technology allows it to act as a single point sound source, ensuring the least possible lag between midrange driver and tweeter.
Nearly all output frequencies reach the listener's ear at exactly the same time, resulting in particularly authentic and natural sound production.
As in nature, sound events are perceived as a single source. Sound is dispersed uniformly for identical audio at various listening positions.
Tweeter and Midrange driver
The tweeter and midrange driver are fused together into a single element. This leads to a superior sense of space than can be achieved with a separate tweeter.
Flat diaphragms avoid constricting the tweeter sonically. It agitates air particles naturally on a single plane It prevents interference and produces more precise sound as a result.
Precision bass reflex system
A completely redesigned bass reflex systems uses a precision channel that eliminates nearly all of the problems that often occur with bass reflex systems. The precision channel‘s innovative qualities include:
- A low crossover frequency to the SCA driver
- The elimination of wind noise though a larger channel size
- Special constructed molding and curvature of the channel for a deep resonance frequency
The exact dimensioning of the bass reflex channel ensures that the air rushing through it extends the bass range exactly where the woofer’s low end leaves off.
Refined bass power
The S 6000 SW is an advanced model universal subwoofer from Teufel: engineered in Berlin. Overview of highlights:
- Front-firing for refined sound production
- 300 mm chassis for cut-off frequencies down to 25 Hz
- Nearly double sized bass reflex port for less distortion at extreme frequencies
- Extremely low-noise and efficient power amplifier for clearer levels and less power consumption
- Wireless connection available with SubConnect MOD for compatible devices (i.e. ULTIMA 40 Active), or optional Subwoofer Wireless Transmitter
- Automatic on/off
- A wealth of configuration options (volume control, phase switch, auto dynamics and HP (high-pass) filter)
- Designed for AV receivers with or without THX licensing
4 × Satellite Speaker DEF 3S FCR
white - black
- 4 × rubber feets for DEF 3 S (Set)
- 2 × Baseplate DEF 3S FRB (pair) – Black
- 1 × Center Speaker DEF 3 C – white - black
1 × Subwoofer S 6000 SW
- 1 × Power cable – Black
1 × Denon AVC-X4800H
- 1 × Remote control – Black
- 2 × AAA battery
- 1 × Sound calibration microphone – Black
- 1 × 30m Speaker Cable 4.0mm² - C4530S – white
- 1 × Subwoofer-Cable 5.0m - C3550W – Black
- 5 × Banana Plug - C8502P (pair) – black - red
Satellite Speaker DEF 3S FCR
High-end stereo bookshelf speaker with extraordinarily precise play back
Description Item Width 20 cm Height 42,5 cm Depth 35,5 cm Weight 13 kg
Description Item High Level speaker inputs 1 Terminal clamps Gold-plated screw terminals Minimum amplifier output power recommended 25 W
Description Item Suitable for AV receiver Yes Suitable for banana plug Yes Maximum cable diameter 6 mm Equalisation openings (pos.) Backside Equalisation openings 1 Enclosure material MDF Enclosure surface Lacquer, silk matte Net internal volume 14,5 L Tweeter (number per enclosure) 1 Tweeter (diameter) 25 mm Tweeter (material) Fabric Midrange driver (number per enclosure) 1 Midrange driver (diameter) 105 mm Midrange driver (material) Aluminium Woofer (number per enclosure) 1 Woofer (diameter) 160 mm Woofer (material) Carbon fiber Continuous power handling (IEC - Long Term) 100 W Sensitivity (2.83 V / 1 m) 86 dB Frequency range from/to 50 - 22000 Hz Peak power capacity (IEC - Short Term) 140 W Maximum sound pressure level 105 dB/1m Impedance 4 - 8 Ohm Crossover frequency to Woofer (recommended) 60 Hz Acoustic principle 3-way-system Enclosure type Bass reflex Crossover frequency internal switch 450 / 3300 Hz
Center Speaker DEF 3 C
High-end centre loudspeaker with extraordinarily precise play back
Description Item Width 59,2 cm Height 20 cm Depth 18,8 cm Weight 11 kg
Description Item High Level speaker inputs 1 Terminal clamps Gold-plated screw terminals Minimum amplifier output power recommended 30 W
Description Item Suitable for AV receiver Yes Suitable for banana plug Yes Maximum cable diameter 6 mm Enclosure material MDF Enclosure surface Varnish Magnetic shielding Yes Net internal volume 10 L Integrated stand Yes Wall mounting brackets Yes Tweeter (number per enclosure) 1 Tweeter (diameter) 25 mm Tweeter (material) Fabric Midrange driver (number per enclosure) 1 Midrange driver (diameter) 105 mm Midrange driver (material) Aluminium Woofer (number per enclosure) 2 Woofer (diameter) 160 mm Woofer (material) Carbon fiber Continuous power handling (IEC - Long Term) 100 W Sensitivity (2.83 V / 1 m) 85 dB Frequency range from/to 100 - 22000 Hz Peak power capacity (IEC - Short Term) 140 W Maximum sound pressure level 105 dB/1m Impedance 4 - 8 Ohm Crossover frequency to Woofer (recommended) 100 Hz Acoustic principle 3-way-system Enclosure type Closed Crossover frequency internal switch 450 / 3400 Hz
Subwoofer S 6000 SW
High-end subwoofer with wireless connection option
Description Item Width 37 cm Height 47,4 cm Depth 54 cm Weight 23,6 kg
Description Item Cinch input 1
Description Item Power supply voltage 230 V Automatic on/off Yes Maximum power consumption 250 W Mains cable - IEC connector (non-heating device) Yes Safety class 2 Storage for settings when disconnected Yes Standby-Function Yes Standby-Power consumption 0,4 W Input gain adjustment Yes Frequency regulator (range) 20 - 50 Hz Level control Yes Phase control Yes Power output capacity sinus (RMS) Bass 240 W Amplifier configuration 1.0 Amplifier technology Class D Amplifier channels 1
Description Item Lowest frequency (-3 dB) 25 Hz Suitable for AV receiver Yes Equalisation openings (pos.) Front Equalisation openings 1 Removable front cover Yes Frontfire Yes Enclosure material MDF Enclosure surface Laminated, matte Net internal volume 55 L Integrated stand Yes Woofer (number per enclosure) 1 Woofer (diameter) 300 mm Woofer (material) cellulose Frequency range from/to 25 - 200 Hz Maximum sound pressure level 110 dB/1m Acoustic principle 1-way-system Enclosure type Bass reflex
High quality is important to us, which is why Teufel recommends selected partners such as DENON. The DENON AVC-X4800H is your top-class AV receiver. Equipped with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X as well as IMAX Enhanced and Auro-3D, this receiver fills even medium-sized and large rooms with breathtaking 3D sound. For music lovers, extensive streaming options are also available.
Description Item Width 43,4 cm Height 16,7 cm Depth 37,9 cm Weight 13,4 kg
Description Item AAC Yes FLAC Yes MP3 Yes WAV Yes WMA Yes Dolby Atmos Yes Dolby Surround Yes Dolby TrueHD Yes Dolby Vision Compatible Yes DTS Virtual:X Yes DTS-HD Master Audio Yes DTS:X Yes HDR10+ Yes
Description Item Output performance amplifier: Satellites 200 W Amplifier channels 9
Description Item AirPlay 2 Yes Bluetooth Yes Wifi Yes Video outputs - HDMI 3 Video inputs- HDMI 7 product.attribute.schnittstellen-heos-built-in-528 Yes Auro 3D Yes
Description Item Amazon Music Yes Deezer Yes napster Yes SoundCloud Yes Spotify Yes TIDAL Yes TuneIn Yes
Description Item Remote control Infrared
30m Speaker Cable 4.0mm² - C4530S
Description Item Diameter 4 mm Cable length 30 m
Subwoofer-Cable 5.0m - C3550W
Description Item Cable length 5 m
All necessary accessories are included in the delivery.
Downloads & support
- Operating instructions: Satellite Speaker DEF 3S FCR
- Declaration of conformity: Satellite Speaker DEF 3S FCR
- Operating instructions: Center Speaker DEF 3 C
- Operating instructions: Subwoofer S 6000 SW
- Declaration of conformity: Subwoofer S 6000 SW
- Operating instructions: Denon AVC-X4800H
- Declaration of conformity: 30m Speaker Cable 4.0mm² - C4530S
- Declaration of conformity: Subwoofer-Cable 5.0m - C3550W